If you have a large Team and don't want to manually add/delete people as they join/leave the company, we recommend a monthly Upload List Override. This allows you to import your employees from an HR system (e.g. ADP, Ultimate Software, Workday, Bamboo).
Here are the steps to follow:
1. Navigate to Teams
2. In the sub-menu, select Manage Members
3. In the drop-down menu in the header, select your desired Team
4. Select Upload List
5. Download the .CSV TEMPLATE
6. Open your HR system and export your list of employees that you would like to be Guusto Team Members
7. Copy the desired data (e.g. Employee #, Employee Name, Employee Email) from your exported HR system file
8. Paste the desired data into the appropriate columns of the Guusto .CSV TEMPLATE (note that you can leave optional fields blank, and they will remain the same for existing Team Members , or set as default for new Team Members)
9. Save and upload the updated .CSV file
10. Select upload type as Override existing Team with a new list
11. Review how many members will be overridden, then click confirm
HOW IT WORKS
- If an Employee # or Email Address in your uploaded CSV file matches an existing Team Member, they will be updated with any new data from your CSV file.
- Otherwise, a new Team Member will be added.
- Any existing Team Members not listed in your uploaded CSV file will be deactivated (if they have past account activity, you don't want to lose it) or deleted (if they have no past account activity).
You can export your current list of Team Members from the Member Settings page, paste in any new data, and then Upload Override to get all the new data loaded at once.
In the very rare case that your uploaded CSV file is trying to swap Employee Numbers and Emails for a few existing Team Members, you will run into an error.
For example, if your existing Team has:
And your uploaded CSV file has:
Simply Contact Us, as we'd be happy to help.